By Kathleen McCarthy
Announcing our most recent grant recipients in arts & humanities, education and human services.
We are pleased to announce that 10 organizations received over $650,000 in our June 2016 grant cycle.
Arts & Humanities
- Port Discovery Children’s Museum: $31,203 grant to support the delivery of the STEMventures after school program to children in grades 3 – 6 attending the four Catholic community schools in Baltimore City
- Archdiocese of Baltimore: $50,000 grant to support the Smart Classroom initiative designed to enhance 21st Century technology opportunities in the four Catholic community schools in Baltimore City
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School: $50,600 grant to support technology upgrades at this Catholic high school in Baltimore City
- Institute of Notre Dame: $143,000 grant to support technology and security upgrades at this all-girls Catholic high school in Baltimore City
- Our Lady of Hope/St. Luke School: $61,590 grant to support Chromebooks for the middle school and associated infrastructure upgrades at this pre-K – 8 Catholic school in Dundalk
- Saint Ursula School: $89,000 grant to support a Chromebook initiative at this pre-K – 8 Catholic school in Baltimore County
- Sisters Academy of Baltimore: $50,000 grant to support development operations at this all-girls, tuition-free Catholic middle school in southwest Baltimore
- Catholic Charities: $72,123 grant to support a technology upgrade designed to improve employee mobility, system access and security, and quality of care at the largest private human services provider in Maryland
- Helping Up Mission: $40,000 grant to support general operating costs associated with the Education and Workforce Development program at this 130-year-old organization serving homeless, poor, and addicted men in Baltimore City
- Itineris: $100,000 grant to support the acquisition of additional building space to expand the availability of services for adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Baltimore City
For a complete listing of our grant awards from previous cycles, please visit our past awards database.