By Kelly Medinger
Announcing our most recent grant recipients in education and Catholic activities
We are pleased to announce that 12 organizations received over $700,000 in our June 2014 grant cycle.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Baltimore: $35,000 grant to support the Be Great Summer Club Program at five sites in Baltimore City
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School: $45,000 grant to support the expansion of technology at this pre-K-8 Catholic school, including tablets for 8th grade students
- Maryland School for the Blind: $52,035 grant to support assistive technology and learning resources for students with multiple disabilities
- Mount de Sales Academy: $50,000 grant to support the technology integration program at this Catholic high school for girls, including outfitting classrooms with projectors, upgrading wireless capabilities, and purchasing a mobile laptop cart
- Mount Saint Joseph High School: $120,000 grant to support a campus-wide technology upgrade at this Catholic high school for boys, including replacement of their existing 1GB fiber connections between buildings
- Notre Dame Prep School: $80,623 grant to support the construction of a Science-Technology-Engineering-Art-Math (STEAM) Center at this Catholic middle/high school for girls
- St. Frances Academy: $30,000 grant to support the expansion of the after-school program at the Cosby Community Center, which serves the broader Brentwood Village/Johnston Square community in Baltimore City
- St. John Catholic School (Westminster): $60,000 grant to support the upgrade of this pre-K-8 Catholic school’s technology, including iPads for middle school students and faculty
- St. Joseph School (Cockeysville): $35,000 grant to support the construction of a playground at this pre-K-8 Catholic school
- St. Maria Goretti High School: $80,000 grant to support the renovation of this Catholic high school’s chemistry and physics lab
- The Josephites: $60,000 challenge grant to support this religious society of priests serving the African-American community by building their capacity to sustain their operations in the Archdiocese of Baltimore
- Saint Margaret Church: $90,000 grant to support the renovation of their church building
For a complete listing of our grant awards, please visit our past awards database.